Torpedo sand is a coarse-grained sand and gravel mix. This product is made from crushing and screening the sand and aggregate then washing it clean. Typically it will contain gravels not larger than around 3/8″.
- Use to set pavers, flagstone, or other stepping stones
- Used in onsite concrete but not mortar mixes.
- Works great for septic leach areas for pipe bedding and as an amendment for hard pack clay soils to break up the clay and allow more porosity and drainage
Our Torpedo sand is a natural sand most commonly used for asphalt and concrete, but it can also be used for multiple landscaping applications too. Since it’s simple and coarse, and since it can drain well, it is a great product for backfill and subbase. JKS Ventures mason sand is clean washed and free of any debris or contaminants.
For projects larger than 10 tons please contact our team at 708.338.3408 or message us “by starting a product inquiry above”. Slide the stone icon above and start your order inquiry process now. We only sell bulk, but can accommodate smaller order for pickup.
JKS’ Torpedo Sand is an excellent choice to level surfaces, but is most importantly used in the creation of concrete and asphalt as a substrate additive. Our Torpedo Sand is a high quality coarse sand that provides the superior performance expected by our many asphalt and construction partners.
Use Case / Element
- Paver leveling
- Concrete mixes
- Stone walls
Keep In Mind
- Customer should expect a brief verification phone call after placing order
- Additional freight charges may apply if one or more of the following conditions are met: driveway unable to accommodate large trucks resulting in multiple deliveries, larger quantities equipment required, products not locally available or remote areas
- Currently ships only in and around the Chicagoland area. Please no orders further than 50 miles from our location.
- Customer should expect a brief order verification email after order has been placed
- A follow up call will be made if there are concerns with the order, driveway, or additional freight charges
- Please note: Delivery within 1 – 3 business days on customer’s requested delivery date
- If customer is not present at the time of scheduled delivery, additional $99 flat rate will apply
- Our delivery trucks must deliver on hard surface at all times, such as concrete, asphalt, pavers, or gravel
- Driveway must be a minimum of 10 ft. wide
- We cannot drive over grass or dirt to deliver product
- For questions about remote delivery areas and/or quantities larger than 10 tons please call 708-338-3408
- Delivery within 7 – 10 business days in rare demand based cases. Call if there is an order override when placing the order above.
Sand Product Reviews
Great Sand Product
Clean, Cheap, Delivered
Tammy & Frank Merinona